If you have any concerns that you wish to raise

We believe that service users, staff and visitors should be provided with a safe environment which embraces all aspects of their life. This includes being assured that on any occasion where the service standard falls below that which could reasonably be expected, there are systems in place to address this.

We recognise that there is a fine divide between a “grumble”, “a comment” and a “complaint”. Service users and their relatives do not need to make a “formal complaint” for their dissatisfaction to be acted upon. We would hope that discussion and debate will resolve many concerns, and would encourage any complaints to be raised with the Home Manager in the first place.

If you feel that any concerns raised have not been dealt with effectively and efficiently by the Home Manager you can contact us by clicking here and we will deal with this at Director level.

All complaints will be acted upon quickly and effectively.

The person designated to manage a complaint is the Registered Manager who can be contacted at either of our Homes.

All Managers can often be located in the Managers Office near the main entrance.

In their absence a Senior Nurse or Senior Care on duty will make a record of the complaint.

We recognise that complaints are not personal criticism and will ensure that complaints are seen as an opportunity to improve the level and standard of service provided.

We will endeavour to resolve all complaints “in house”, but recognise that this may not always be possible. Where a solution cannot be agreed we will ensure that the matter is referred to an independent arbiter for their views.

The home will supply, on request, a written copy of the complaints procedure to any service user or anyone acting on behalf of a service user.

The CQC regulate our service but do not settle individual complaints.

However the CQC offer support to listen to your concerns and encourage anyone to contact them to tell the about their experiences.

The CQC can be informed of your concerns either directly or through a local support group such as your LINk (local involvement network, to be known as local HealthWatch from October 2012).


If you have a complaint about the care home, the first thing you should do is to tell the management of the home. By law, every care home must have an efficient procedure for dealing with complaints.
You can also contact your local council if they pay for your care.
Once your complaint has been fully dealt with by the manager of the home, or the council, if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can refer your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) and ask for it to be reviewed.
This applies if you pay for your own care or if the council pays for it.
The LGO provides a free, independent service.
The LGO Advice Team can be contacted for information and advice, or to register your complaint:
T: 0300 061 0614
E: advice@lgo.org.uk
The LGO will not usually investigate a complaint until the provider has had an opportunity to respond and resolve matters.
The manager is obliged to provide information upon request, and service users should be aware that the LGO is totally independent in all cases and acts in an impartial manner at all times.
Our service is registered with and regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). The CQC cannot get involved in individual complaints about providers, but is happy to receive information about our services at any time. You can contact the CQC at:
Care Quality Commission National Correspondence
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4PA
T: 03000 616161